What I want to achieve from the HNG internship 8.
My goals for the HNG internship 8 operated by Zuri and what I want to achieve by the end of 8 weeks.
HNG Internship is a long-running, large-scale virtual internship for people learning to code and design operated by Zuri Team. It focuses on the post-training phase and creates a virtual work environment for participants.
The internship is meant to bring the top individuals to the surface from a vast pool of applicants. It’s fast-paced and demanding, and it teaches people how to work in groups, handle pressure, and swiftly broaden their knowledge.
That said, I see this internship as a great opportunity for me since it gives me the opportunity to provide real-world experience and put what I’ve learned into practice. And in order to accomplish so, I need to create some objectives for myself. Here are a few of the most prevalent goals.
- Put what I’ve learned into practice: This will be a great opportunity for me to put my knowledge and skills into practice.
- Build my résumé: I believe that completing this internship will look good on my résumé and will offer me an advantage over other candidates who lack my experience.
- Connecting with new people: Internships are great for meeting new people who might be able to help me later on in my career.
As I mentioned earlier, the internship is meant to bring the top individuals to the surface from a vast pool of applicants, as such, it focuses on participants with prior experience.
For beginners starting from scratch, I would recommend participating in the training phase https://training.zuri.team.
Below are other beginner tutorials I find useful:
- Learn Figma — UI/UX Design Essential Training https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-figma/
- Manage Your Code Project With Git & Github https://openclassrooms.com/en/courses/5671626-manage-your-code-project-with-git-github
- Python for Beginners https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlrxD0HtieHhS8VzuMCfQD4uJ9yne1mE6
HNG internship version 8 has started already and it is an important time that I can leverage to my advantage to provide real-world experience and put what I’ve learned into practice.